When you are depressed you can do things to reverse the situation and feel better as a sport, a normal activity, seek social support, go to a professional and others that we will describe later.The component that most affects depression or depressive states is undoubtedly behavior that is the things we do and, above all, the things we do not do.
- The characteristics of depression make the person who suffers the cost of a world to perform any action, have many difficulties doing things and simply want to be without doing anything.
- In reality, depression acts as a barrier that prevents the person from continuing with his normal activity and makes it difficult for them to carry out activities.
- However, this barrier imposed by depression is the main factor that keeps it, so if it is overcome, the depressive state will probably decrease.
- So doing things is crucial to solving these types of states or psychological alterations.
What should be done when you are depressed?
Before examining the suggestions that, in my opinion, are more important to improve the course of a depression, we would like to place particular emphasis on the therapeutic potential that behavior has on depressive states and that’s what is done when one is depressed should not be interpreted as external factors that can make you feel good, but that are not closely related to your psychological alteration. For the proper private anxiety counselling this is essential.
- So, we think it would be a mistake to postulate these suggestions as simple activities that a depressed person may not spend all day in bed.
- Correctly modulating activity during a depressive state may be the main factor that dictates recovery.
- In fact, the psychological therapy that has proved most effective in treating depressions postulates its bases in behavior and in what the depressed person does.
- This therapy is known as “behavioral activation” and deals with a program in which little by little the things that the person gets up to get to complete an agenda with activities that are pleasant and beneficial.
- This treatment must be performed by a psychotherapist and deals with a very specific technique in which the effect caused by each activity is evaluated in detail and the strategies are gradually incorporated to improve the consequences of all that is done.
- Considering the therapeutic difficulties that depression presents, this therapy shows very high levels of effectiveness and has been postulated as the best psychological treatment for these alterations.
With this, it becomes clear the high power that behavior has on the mental state and how a depressed person can improve their mood to eliminate depression depending on the activities performed.
Get out of bed
This is probably the most difficult activity for a depressed person but also the most important.Getting out of bed may seem like something very complicated, since you don’t want to do anything or motivate yourself to get up.However, the thought of “I don’t want to get out of bed” is done by the brain when it is depressed.