It is that time of the year when students face a really busy schedule, since they have to cope with the studies for their Class 12 board exam and simultaneously keep an eye on entrance exams, previous year’s question papers, as well as admission forms. All engineering aspirants try to keep themselves updated about JEE. We have tried to make things a little easier for you by listing the important information you must note about JEE Mains 2020.
Key things to keep in mind:
- The JEE Mains 2020 exam is now open to students from Ladakh and Jammu & Kashmir as well.
- JEE or Joint Entrance Examination is conducted by NTA or National Test Agency.
- The candidates who clear the exam are offered seats in B.Tech, B.Arch, BE, and B.Plan courses across 23 CFTIs, 31 NITs, and 23 IITs.
- The exam is conducted every year in two sessions; the first one is held in the month of January and the second one takes place in April.
(The January 2020 session’s registrations are closed, but you can still fill in the registration forms for April 2020.)
- The JEE Mains 2020 registration (April session) will start from 7th February 2020.
- The registrations will be closed on 7th March 2020.
- The form-correction date is yet to be announced. You can visit this website once the form fill-up starts to get the latest updates.
- The date of the examination is 30th April 2020.
Mark these dates so that you don’t forget them.
Changes that will benefit the students appearing in JEE 2020
- The examination will take place twice in 2020; thus, students will get a chance to score better in the second attempt, but only if they want to appear twice.
- The fee has been revised.
- Unlike previous years, Adhaar card is no longer mandatory during registration. Candidates can now fill in the form using any of their government IDs. The other options are providing bank details or using a passport, ID proofs issued by the government, ration card, etc.
- Providing a parent’s signature is not mandatory anymore.
- The age-limit barrier has also been revoked. Students who completed their 12th in the year 2018 or 2017 are also eligible to fill the April 2020 JEE form.
Mandatory documents for JEE form fill-up
Listed below are the important documents that will be required and the instructions that must be followed during form fill-up:
- The candidate must have a recent passport-size photo with his/her name and the date written on it. (Students should refrain from wearing a cap or goggles while getting clicked. However, specs are allowed.)
- The photo can be coloured or black-and-white. But it must be a high-contrast photo.
- Scan the photo and save it in the “Drafts” folder of your mail, so that you can easily retrieve it while filling the form. Also, keep in mind that the image must not be more than 40 kb in size. If your image exceeds this limit, you can simply use MS Paint to resize it.
- You will also need to upload your signature. So keep a scanned copy of the same in your “Drafts” folder.
- You will also require an impression of your left thumb.
- Apart from these, you will need your 10th mark sheet, a government ID, and a debit card/credit card/demand draft to successfully complete the form fill-up.
How to fill the JEE Mains 2020 application form
- Log in to the website, register, and fill in the required details.
- You will get a registration ID and password.
- Once you have filled the registration form, you must upload the scanned image and fill in your personal details.
- You can choose your medium of the exam as Hindi/English.
- Once you have filled in the form and uploaded the documents, you will have to select the exam centre.
- Fee payment is the final step.
Remember these details while filling in the form. Also, information about the revised fees will be available soon. Do reach the examination centre 30 minutes before the exam starts.